Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Are Gifts Just That Simple?


Dear Reader,

Today in the grocery store it finally hit me Valentines day is only 9 days away! I realized something at that moment- I hate Valentines day! Now I don't hate the thought of the Holiday, I hate the holiday.

Why? What do you think of when you think of Valentines day? Romance, Love, Hearts, or Roses? The thought could go on for hours. What do you think of when you think of your significant other on valentines day? Chances are your a woman reading this... and chances are your thinking about diamonds and fancy restaurants for valentines day celebrations.

Valentines day is not about commercialized romance. Valentines is about love, spontaneity, nice gestures. Its not about roses- its about your family and how much you love them. Its not about the pressure to buy the perfect gift- its about the time you spend with your special someone. Its not about diamonds- its about the sacrifices you have made for love, the chances you've taken, and the chances you will take together.

Valentines day is about love, and romance. Its not about the champagne and roses romance. Its about the true meaning of romance love, respect, nothing else in the world matters.

And that is why I dislike the Holiday, but like the thought. Love cannot be marked on the calender. Love is there. Always.

Love,

Kate

2 comments:

  1. We can, and do love our family and friends every day of the year, but I do think it's fun to have a day for a little extra-special celebration of that love. Just like I'm married every day of the year, but I celebrate my marriage a little bit extra on my wedding anniversary. And we're alive every day, too, but we celebrate our life on our birthdays. :) Of course, I just love parties and celebrating in general so I'm a fan of any extra holidays to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point of veiw Rachel. I totally agree with you, however I dislike the commercialized Valentines day. I dislike how companies have turned love into money - making opportunites. I too am a fan of celebrating anything especially when I get to wear a pretty dress:)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete